Become a Member
Join Yakima Valley Tourism
Yakima Valley Tourism provides a resource for Yakima Valley businesses to market visitors by taking advantage of the many member benefits. YVT aggressively markets the Yakima Valley as a tourist destination through itís partnership with members.
Free Listing in the Yakima Valley Travel Guide
- Yakima Valleyís only official travel guide with 100,000 printed annually. We print the new edition each January for distribution in February in advance of Red Wine & Chocolate.
- 65K go to Certified Folder Distribution. Certified is a distribution company that delivers our guide to more than 580 locations at key visitor points along the I-5 corridor from Bellingham down to Portland, up to Spokane and the lower eastern part of Washington State.
- 35K are stored at the Convention Center. We distribute them to travelers, the media, conventions/events and others that request a copy.
- A digital version is uploaded to our site. We have page-turner technology that enhances the userís experience. They can print the entire guide or just one page.
Free Listing on www.visityakima.com
- In 2017 the total sessions were more than 300,000 with nearly 700,000 page views!
- It is recognized as the premium online resource for info on the Yakima Valley
Event promotion through on Yakima Valley Tourism's Marketing Channels
- Selected events are promoted on our social media channels and on our consumer blogs written periodically throughout the year.
- We send out a members only Weekend Events Calendar (events that run Thurs-Sun) every Wednesday to a database of more than 7,000 people who have requested to be on it. The VIC receives printed versions of this calendar to pass out to visitors.
- Each Thursday we email a similar copy to all of our member hotels. They print the calendars and pass them out to guests as they check in.
Brochure/rack card distribution at the Yakima Valley Visitor Information Center(VIC) and Yakima Convention Center.
- The VIC helped more than 10,000 walk in visitors in 2017, responded to nearly 17,000 inquiries via mail, email or phone and fulfilled more than 400 mailing requests (travel guide, maps, brochures etc).
- The Convention Center hosted more than 400 event days and 93,000 attendees and booked in excess of 500 future event days in 2017.
Complimentary copy of the Directory of Conventions & Sporting Events.
It is a members' only tool compiled monthly and emailed to members to help you know what conventions and sporting events are coming to town. Itís also a tool for you to market your business to the incoming conferences and events.
Travel Media & Trade Relations
Our Travel Media & Trade Relations department works on behalf of our members to secure future media stories, increase leisure and group travel, attract and secure regional and national attention, and attend a number of industry, consumer and media trade shows.
Member Only E-newsletter
Member E-news available to members to keep informed of current and future Yakima Valley Tourism events, tourism related news, upcoming sporting events and updates from staff.
Networking and Education
Networking events and educational sessions hosted by YVT throughout the year.
Priority referrals for members when inquiries come in over the phone, at the Visitor Information Center, and Yakima Convention Center.
Access to Yakima Valley Tourismís photos.
If you would like to receive additional information regarding membership or request a membership application, email Member Services Director or call (509) 575-3010.