Washington Wine Country
the Yakima Valley
Winery hopping in the Yakima Valley is an unforgettable journey of delightful discovery for those seeking the good life and great wines. Across this sun-soaked WA wine region, in the same latitude as the great wine-producing regions of France, magnificent vineyards feature trellises laden with rich grape varietals. Local vintners invite you to savor their prized harvests and collect their handcrafted, award-winning wines.
Mineral-rich soil and entrepreneurial spirit have created a Washington State wine growing culture serious about its product but festive in its presentation. Whether a major producer or limited production, the character each vineyard portrays is as varied as the region's varietals. Each is tremendously fun to experience, especially as part of a vacation in one of the area's luxurious wine country hotels.
2013 marks the 30th year since the Yakima Valley became the first American Viticultural Area (AVA) established in the Pacific Northwest.
In early 1983, the federal government designated the Yakima Valley as the first winegrowing appellation north of California. Across the following three decades, the Yakima Valley wine industry has consistently justified its status as the “first growth” of Washington State. From the earliest vintages until today, the Yakima Valley has grown more wine grapes for Washington wineries than any other appellation... Learn More
- Walking in a Winter Wonderland – with a Latte’!
- Tracking down Santa in the Yakima Valley
- Plan ahead for Thanksgiving Weekend
- U. S. Capitol Christmas Tree stops in Yakima, WA
- Bring your Doggie to Wine County
- Time for a Spa Retreat!
- Hakuna Some Powder! (It Means Ski A Day With World Class Skier Andy Mahre)
- Fall Hiking in the Yakima River Canyon
- Dia De los Muertos – A Celebration of the Eternal Cycle of Life
- Heritage Barns in the Yakima Valley
FIND A ROOM
To advertise on this site, please inquire to our
Director of Marketing.